Sunday, June 19, 2011

day 18.

Today was a day packed with many travels through Ireland. I loved it! We went on an all day bus tour throughout the country and saw the top 5 sites to see there.

this was Belfast Castle

Belfast Castle

we explored the side of the castle and this is what we found!

it was a very windy day

me and Steph



it was absolutely gorgeous there!

the whole group!

just doing a few tricks




everyone thought I was gonna fall off the edge... but I didn't

oh heyyyy! just so happy to be there


this is the bridge we crossed... it was hundreds of feet above the ground, and don't worry... I fell of course. But don't worry a net caught me. :)

the bridge :)

here I am! Crossing!!1




this is the most famous pictured beach

this is also one of the most photographed castle in Ireland

The last spot we went to was called Giants Causway, it is an area of about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, which evolved from an ancient volcanic eruption. It is located in the northeast coast of Northern Ireland. It was declared as a World Heritage Site in 1986, and named as the fourth greatest natural wonder in the UK. The tops of the columns form stepping stones that lead from the cliff foot and even disappear down under the sea. Most of the columns are formed in a hexagonal shape, although there are also some with 4 to 8 sides. The tallest ones come to about 39 feet high. It was such an amazing site to see!!!


this is Giants Causway


you can see all the perfectly shaped hexagonal shapes


a romantic setting for me and Danielle

che che check it out!!

just enjoying the scenery 



Ireland has such an exceptionally breathtaking views

yes... I went barefoot :)


No comments:

Post a Comment