Tuesday, June 7, 2011

day 12.

FREE DAY.

Last free day today... once again everyone took advantage of sleeping in, and I came out of my 16 hour coma. As we sat at the table for breakfast we randomly decided to go to the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace. Unfortunately, it was raining so they didn't get to do the full march with the band. But it was fun to stand around and see all the tourists migrate together. Afterwards, we walked around and looked at the little shops on the street, until we came across a cute little tea shop. The lady that worked there was giving free samples of tea, expecting it to be a regular sip of tea, I was highly mistaken the moment that liquid hit my taste buds! It was the BEST tea I have ever had in my life!! We tried their White Hot Chocolate... which was also amazing. I wanted to buy the whole store, but I wouldn't have enough room in my suitcase. I will be ordering from them online once my stock runs out. :)





HAY!! WE HAVE THE SAME HAIR :)

I was in tea heaven <3

After our little shopping adventure we decided... well my roomies decided to go to the London Temple which was about an hour away. We road the train to Gatwick Airport and then from there we got a taxi to take us another 15 minutes down the road. It was hilarious though, because the moment we got into the car, he started blasting that depressing song that goes..... "ALL BY MYSELFFF, DON'T WANNA BE ALL BY MYSELF!!!!" I was trying so hard not to laugh! Then he probably realized that song was a little awkward so he changed CD's and put on some Black Eyed Peas and started dancing a little bit, so we had a small dance party with the taxi driver, it was cool. Once we arrived at the temple, we didn't really know what to do because the visitors center was closed for another 2.5 hours, so we just walked around the grounds and took pictures and sketched for a bit. After we were all done, we realized we didn't have a way back to the train. So we went inside some building and tried to use their phone to call a taxi, but we had no idea how to use it, It was a little embarrassing. Then luckily we found these two nice little men and they said they would give us a ride to the train station.. I know it was a little sketch to be hitchhiking... but we were feeling desperate, and they were Morman men at a temple. So they dropped us off safely at this small little train station that was about 8 minutes from the Temple. We got on the train and went straight to our flats.... and that is where the fun began and we got ourselves into a little trouble... as well as some new friends :)

The London Temple


More details on getting in trouble and making new friends later.... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment