Thursday, June 9, 2011

day 13.




CHATSWORTH HOUSE.

After 3 relaxing free days we are now facing 3 days of very early days. We woke up at 6:30 this morning and met downstairs at 7:15 for the train... and we were off! We went to Chatsworth House in Chesterfield, which is so far may favorite place we've been to! It has been evolving for more than 450 years, with 105 acres of gardens, including a 300 year old Cascade, a huge trough waterfall in the rockery garden, an enormous gravity-fed Emperor fountain, a huge (confusing) maze, cottage and kitchen gardens and much more! It ended up being another rainy day and of course I forgot my umbrella, so I was a little discouraged about walking around outside, until we pulled up the the estate. It was gorgeous!! The best part about it was the gardens. It was huge and so much fun to explore. If I were a kid and I went there, I would have been in pure heaven! It was a mix of Narnia, Lion King, Never Land and any other magical outdoors. There is not a single picture that can capture the beauty that surrounded me. So me, Andrea, Danielle, Phil and Lee ventured around and felt like we were back in our childhood days again!
Chatsworth
just getting ready for a nice little horsback ride with Lee :)






about to go into the underground tunnel

The waterfall

this picture does not give this view justice!


the gang :)

Lion King status right here
the maze
we made it to the middle!!
The most beautiful library I've ever seen!!




No comments:

Post a Comment