Saturday, July 30, 2011

day 28.

It started out as a rainy day, we were supposed to go to Versailles, but Darwin & Sausie decided it would be better to go tomorrow because it's supposed to be nice and sunny. So instead we went to Sacre Coeur which is a church at the highest point of Paris. We jumped on the Metro and made our stop at Mulan Rouge of course!! We snapped a few pics and began our little hike up to the top of the hill, on the way we saw a lot of fun little shops and an adorable cupcake shop that we told ourselves we would come back to on the way down. It was fun to see all the little houses and cobble stone roads, but once we got to the top, it was a spectacular view!
Marlin Monroe style




some cute little children clothes I found in the window




I also loved all the graffiti art all over the place! 








here is a view from the top, the buildings went on forever!


Sacre Coeur







just scaring the pigeons
 
So... funny story. I was walking and some random so called "street artist" came up to me and asked if he could draw me, he said he was so inspired to draw me and said he wanted to do it for 50 euro. um.... YEAH RIGHT! But he kept persisting and like an idiot I let him do it for 10 euro... and this is what he drew. Looks just like me right?? haha 

Danielle got her's done by an actual artist and it looked just like her!





 On the way back down from Sacre Coeur we came across the most adorable little boutique! They paper mached their hangers with newspaper and magazin articles and just had the cutest style ever! I wanted to buy everything there!! I did get a cute little cookbook for my sister there :)




 And... like we told ourselves we made it back to the cute little cupcake place and enjoyed some delicious little cupcakes!



all gone.

p.s. I forgot to mention that I also got fined 50 euro for jumping the rail at the metro because none of my tickets were working and there was no one at the help desk, and my group was leaving me & Danielle because they thought we were right behind them. I'll have to get in more detail about it later. We will just say there was a little argument with the French police and a lot of confusion between both parties because neither of us spoke each others language. It was very annoying. So advice to any of you who want to travel to France, DON'T JUMP THE METRO! Although I saw a million people do it, they target Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment