Friday, July 8, 2011

day 23.

MUSSE DORSE & VILLA SAVOYE

Today we started the morning off with a nice long walk to Musse D'orse. Along the way we saw some pretty cool things like...

the Eiffel Tower in the day time! We saw it the first night we got there [which I think it looks a lot better when it's all lit up, it's brown and not too attractive up close in the day] so it was cool to see what it looked like in daylight.
Griffin doing his daily creep and Andrea trying to take a jumping pic with the Eiffel in the background.

While we were still walking to Musse D'orse I decided to see how good my pick-pocketing skills were, so I easily snatched Lee's sunglasses out of his backpack... foolish foolish boy. I then stole his hat right off his head and told him to watch his stuff!!! Then we took a pic. It was cool. And he was sad.

we passed by a little indoor car dealership [which by the way all of their car dealerships are inside and very exclusive, unlike our HUGE car lots in America] But this is a brand new car, I love how it's the new modern 'old' car, it's so cool!!! [and I love black cars]

Okay... now I am a tad bit OBSESSED with living walls. [I used a grass wall in one of my designs for a wellness center backdrop for a reception area] But here I am so happy to see it and Griff just looking confused. 

yeah ohh yeah so cool.
After walking for what felt like a few more miles we made it the museum!! I didn't really take too many pictures.. don't know why but here it is. That place was huge and had a lot of really cool art!


As we were looking at the beautiful paintings we came across a woman painting a replica of another piece. It looked identical!! As you can see below...

Then I spent about an hour sketching a random statue I saw. This isn't my favorite sketch but here it is...

We then had lunch at a little corner cafe, wasn't too impressed with the food for the price I paid but that's France for ya in a touristy area! After lunch we took the metro and then road a bus to Le Corbusier's architectural masterpiece; Villa Savoye. It was such a cool house! It is known for its modern architecture and is also one of the most easily recognizable and renowned examples of the International style. Villa Savoye has survived several attempts of demolition and was declared as a historical monument in 1965. Which was very rare because Corbusier was still living in the house at that time. 

Below is a little collage I made of different details of the house. Including their newest addition... the little tikki type area outside, where we all sat and sketched Villa Savoye.

We had a fun little photo shoot inside the house with this nice blue wall :)


me and Phil just loungin'

looking hawt

oh wow... we were struggling.

the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment