Thursday, July 7, 2011

day 22.

ST. CHAPELLE. POMPIDOU. LOUVRE.

Well it's the second day in Paris! We jumped on the metro and headed the the heart of Paris where St. Chapelle is located. It was built during the high point of the Rayonnant period of Gothic architecture by King Louis IX. It is made mainly of all stained glass and it is quite a sight to see!

all stained glass from top to bottom, it was gorgeous!

view from the outside

I absolutely love all of the random street art they have in Europe

After St. Chapelle we ventured over to the Pompidou! Which is one of my favorite places we've been to. I am a huge fan of Modern Art and it was everywhere in here. Also on our walk over her we passed a million cool shops and department stores, I got that giddy feeling in my body and I wanted to shop all day!!! Too bad everything here is so expensive! Dang exchange rate... But anyway back to the Pompidou, I loved the industrial feeling it protrayed, I also loved that a bunch of people will just sit outside of the building and layout or eat their lunch or play music. It was just one giant hang out spot!


going up the escalators to the top!

it was quite a sight to see when we got to the top, you could see the tops of all the buildings in Paris. It went on for miles!


Inside the Pompidou they had a cool rooftop restaurant, an internet cafe and an awesome modern art museum. Here are some of my favorite things I saw...



I love how something so simple can transform a whole room


such a cool pattern on the wall!

loved this. It kind of reminds me of my life :)


a very cool sculpture outside of the Pompidou

After checking out the exhibit inside, we went outside to have lunch. It was a little more of a struggle than I thought it would be, compared to London. Because there, they speak English. But we are in France now, and I have no idea how to speak French. The only sentence I can say is "je ne parle pas francais" which means I don't speak French. So that doesn't really help much. We had to go to 3 different cafes because non of them took cards or they couldn't get their card machine to work. Finally we found someone who spoke a bit of English and we were able to order our food that we had no idea what we were eating. It was good though!


Our final destination was the Louvre, which was HUGE!! We could have easily spent all day there! It was a lot of fun exploring around and jumping over the pyramid!! haha

the Louvre Pyramid by I.M. Pei

the inside of the pyramid 

it's is absolutely AMAZING!! I love how they have such a modern piece of architecture in the middle of this historic area, it's quite the contrast

I loved this sculpture.. it kind of reminded me of Titanic

the original Mona Lisa!!!! there were a million people trying to snap a shot and we almost got in a fight with this crazy girl 

another original painting of the last supp by Leonardy da Vinci

amazing ceiling detail



having a grand ol' time trying to fit 5 people on this little thing!


I know... I know... I've got some mad jumping skills!

my girl Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment