Friday, July 29, 2011

day 26.

free day.
Arc de Triomphe & Statue of Liberty.

Today was another free day, so Molly, Elyse and I went to the Arc de Triomphe and the Statue of Liberty. On the way to Arc de Triomphe we came across a little flee market, a pair of cheetah print flats caught my eye, so I began to try them on and the owner of the booth came over to me and began to tell my how beautiful they looked on my feet (but they really didn't), then we started small talk about where I'm from and how well he speaks English... then it lead to some sweet talking and asking for my number. In my head I thought... if he wants my number, I better take full advantage of this situation. I told him I didn't have a working phone here, so he gave me his number and asked if we could meet up for coffee or something. Then I asked how much a little purse I liked was and he answered 50 Euro, and my response was "how about 10." then he laughed and went over to his car and pulled out a piece of paper and wrote his name and number on it and looked at my friends and said, "if this girl was my wife she would take me for all I'm worth, but that's fine with me." then he looked at me and said "this purse isn't 10 euro, not 5, not 3 but free for you." It was the best! I got a free 50 Euro purse and then we walked away, what a sweet little man :)
Then we got to the arc and climbed to the very top and looked out at the Paris, it was an amazing site to see!

we managed to get only one car in the background :)




the stairwell we climbed to get to the top



we love Paris <3





yeah... I was a little obsessed with the hearts.


We searched high and low for this and we found it!! Defiantly not as big as the one in New York but it was fun to see!





Funny story about this bench... I think it was while I was taking this exact picture below, but these 4 little old men (I mean old, like 70's) came up behind me and pretended to take pictures, but instead they were taking pictures of my butt!! and I totally caught them, they began to laugh and speedily walk away. They were like little boys, it was funny and very weird.








love this bridge.



So after we got something to eat, I took a picture with the server and he reeked of B.O. it was disgusting. French people really don't wear deodorant. Also, while we were posing for the picture he kept pulling me closer and creepily told me to kiss him... I just laughed and refused.

No comments:

Post a Comment