Thursday, May 26, 2011

day 1.

Well it has been a long journey, but I made it!! After having to be at the airport at 5:30 in the morning waiting on standby until 1:00pm, I finally made it on the flight to Charlotte, NC, then waiting until 11:00pm for the 8 hour flight to London, then traveling on a bus for an hour and a half to Gatwick, London, then riding on the tube for about a half hour to Gloucester Road, I finally made it in at about 3:30pm. (mind you I was traveling alone) I was surprised I made it to Gloucester Road so smoothly by myself... of course by the help of the nice English folk :) The next step was for me to find the flats we were staying in... I circled around all the different Queen's Gate Streets and could not for the life of me find Queen's Gate Terrace. Looking like a complete tourist with my large cheetah print suitcase and duffle bag circling around the town asking people if they knew where it was... and no one did! So finally I gave up and got a taxi, even the taxi man had a hard time finding it.. but we finally made it there! The sweet little taxi man didn't charge me for the ride either! He said it was a "welcome to London present", and he even carried all my luggage up the stairs to my flat for me. Such a sweetheart!


So here I am in London. I arrived a day earlier than all the other students, so I slept in and tried to recover from all the jetlag from traveling. Once they finally arrived we went to the grocery store, which was interesting, Andrea (my flatmate) and I found some lettuce that was still growing in a little carton... talk about fresh produce! Then we went back and showered because it was pouring I mean pouring rain outside, so we were soaked! Luckily I had my trusty umbrella :) Then we went on a little tour around the city and snapped shots left and right... so here are some captured moments of our little outing.

the view from my room


i believe they call this the Eye of London, it is a giant Farris Wheel that are these little 'eyes' a group of people can go into and see the city!




Big Ben, after the clouds began to clear up a bit


Stephanie, me and Andrea


Me and Griffy


Oh hey there.. just the guard giving a friendly hello!


one of the countless cool doors in London

me and griff were just showing our approximate height... even though I'm 5'7. haha


I love this grass wall!!!!


1 comment:

  1. ahhh don't you just love it there!? So excited for you! I miss it.

    ReplyDelete